Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pottery #11 - Curb-side Terracotta Find

...




Yet again I'm featuring something I picked up from the curb-side during one of my walks (see the earlier ones here, and here); this thing was left there for the council general cleanup collection a couple of years ago. I was walking past it, and after a few metres, stopped, and realised the potential, turned around, and picked it up, to stash it into bushes some 100 metres later. This was to pick it up with my car once I'd returned home, since it was too heavy to carry for some five more kilometres!


It looks like it's terracotta that had been painted in cyan or turquoise or something like it. The head is not attached to the body, so it can be turned around, to give it more character...













_______________________________________________________


Ah Xian
Concrete Forest 2: Sagittaria trifolia (Threeleaf Arrowhead), 2008-2009 (detail)
Concrete, 55.5 x 45.5 x 27.5 cm

_______________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books by Ridou Ridou