Friday, January 15, 2010

Found Furniture

.








In an earlier post, Art So Cheap , I mentioned my habit of bringing discarded 
objects home from roadsides, if they appeal to me form-wise. Here's a 
collection of some of them:















This one I found yesterday. The legs are slightly rusty, but I think I can deal 
with it. I'm not sure though, if I'll paint this, since I quite like the off-white 
colour. Background textile is Maija Isola's Marimekko design, Albatrossi.









This was quite an ordinary looking plain wooden chair that I sanded and 
painted.









This is a cheap Ikea folding chair that I painted.









These were worn plain wood pair or armchairs that I fixed, sanded, painted and 
reupholstered with Marimekko Magneetti fabric.









This was one of those cheap white plastic stools that I painted.

















Katherine Hattam
Yellow kitchen chair, 2000
Etching, printed in black and yellow ink, from two plates
76.0 x 56.0 cm (plate-mark), Edition of 25














No comments:

Post a Comment

Books by Ridou Ridou