Friday, February 25, 2011

My Favourite Indian Spice Shop in Sydney

.



I drove to Dee Why today to top up my Indian spices (and my Atta Flour, which, 
believe or not, I use to make my pizza bases - I really like the way the 
stoneground wheat flour responds to kneading, and the pizzas do come good). 
The store is called 'Saini Emporium', and besides flour, basmati rice and spices 
they also sell many other non-food origin Indian items (thus the Emporium in 
their name). I failed to ask the proprietor, if his name was Sohan or Pawan Saini 
(both listed on the business card), but a picture of him is at the bottom of this 
post.

The background for the shop items is our Rajasthan bed spread, also purchased 
locally...


































No comments:

Post a Comment

Books by Ridou Ridou