Saturday, February 19, 2011

Congratulations to Vipoo Srivilasa

.




I'm sure I'm speaking on behalf of all people interested in ceramics in thanking Vipoo Srivilasa for organising this extremely successful Queensland Flood Relief fund raising event:

(more information here on Srivilasa's website)









Vipoo Srivilasa





Vipoo's approach to ceramicists:












Ceramic Art Auction

Ceramic Art Auction for QLD flood relief appeal

Prominent Melbourne ceramicist Vipoo Srivilasa was
distressed by the unfolding tragedy, and has organised an
auction featuring the donated works of well known and
award-winning artists to raise funds for The Premier's
Disaster Relief Appeal (www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html).
Srivilasa's call-out for his friends and colleagues to donate
has exceeded his expectations, and he is currently fielding
expressions of support from as far away as North America.
"The response has been overwhelming! I was planning for
maybe twenty artists to join me but I reached forty in no
time. It's turning into a much bigger project than I
expected", he admits.

The auction will happen online at ebay.com.au
from Friday 4th to Sunday 6th of February, 2011.








Donated artworks:




Vipoo's result:


I want to thank you everyone who supported the auction. It was very successful!


We raised a total of  AU$ 20,471.01


After fees were deducted we were able to donate AU$ 18,788.53


Income:
          Total eBay auction 20,471.01



Fees:
         eBay 671.58
         PayPal 544.15
         Postage costs 466.75
         Total fees 1,682.48



Total donation $20,471.01 - $1,682.48 = $18,788.53


I made the donation this morning and was planning to wait for an acknowledgment from The Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal before I sent out this news, but I cannot wait that long! I do not know how long it will take them to send me an acknowledgment and I am dying to tell the world! So please see the attached bank receipt for the fund deposit. Once I receive the acknowledgment I will post it on my website: www.vipoo.com


I would like to thank

- all the participating artists who donated the works and made this auction possible
- all bidders who bid for the works

- Vicki Grima for her online, editorial and moral support
- Inga Walton, freelance writer, who donated her time and helped me with the media release and sent it out to many publications

- organisations who helped promote the event: the Australian-Thai Chamber of Commerce, Steve Proposch at Trouble, Elaine Olafson Henry at Ceramics: Art and Perception/Technical, Stephen Rhodes at the Bangkok Post, The Australian Ceramics Association, Craft Victoria, Craft Australia, Craft South, Fusion, Ceramic Victoria and many more that I can’t recall right now
- Ken Yutdanai, my handsome assistant, donated his time to take great photos of many pieces (most of the ones with white background)
- Helen Stephens from All Hand Made and Anna Mass from Skepsi who sent out the auction news to all their clients and collectors

- all the bloggers, tweeters and facebookers who blogged, tweeted and facebooked about the auction and created phenomenal internet promotion
- those artists whose work I could not accept due to the overwhelming numbers and time constraints


Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart. :)


Vipoo
WWW.VIPOO.COM







Image retrieved from here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Books by Ridou Ridou