Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Nostalgia, scanning old photos...

.




Approaching my sixties, those around me (mostly the ones who don't really know 
me) keep on  bombarding me with clues for letting go: you're past it, enjoy your 
well-earned rest, just leave us take it from here, could you?

Here are some random scans of photos I came across lamenting the life lived, 
getting confused: was this what life was all about, and should I now leave it to 
my nephews and nieces, and their children to take it on from now on.

No, I don't think so.




Me sometime in the early seventies.






Our dear companions about ten years ago, pugs Bennie and George (here with my lovely partner Andrew),
who are now close to 11 years old, grey like us, but yet, still crazy like us...





Me with my relatives in Lapland, Finland...





I think this was in Lithuania...





My partner Andrew, us holidaying in Hawaii...





Me and Andrew holidaying in Hawaii...





Andrew in Hawaii...





Andrew in Hawaii...





Andrew in Hawaii...





Hawaii.





Andrew in Hawaii...





Sister's family, visiting me from Finland...
(end of the eighties?)





Niece Heli on my computer in the late eighties...





Sister Ulla and sister-in-law Jaana...





My brother's wedding (Kai and Jaana)...





Class photo from the early seventies (me in the middle)...





My brother's wedding (Kai and Jaana)...





This was taken in 1987 fairly soon after my arrival in Australia,
in Victoria, where the Peter Weir movie Hanging Rock was filmed.





A view from my window in Helsinki, Finland, in the mid eighties...





Holidaying in Bali, Indonesia.





Me with one of my Community Support Network (CSN) clients,
who soon succumbed to AIDS after this photo was taken.





Again, Bennie and George some ten years ago...





This would have been taken in the mid fifties...
(me in the middle)





Yes, there were five children in my family...
(me in the middle again)





Me, a crumby teenager...










1 comment:

  1. I just turned 63 in June, and I'm not turning anything over to anybody. :)

    I loved getting a glimpse into your past, even your crumby teenage years. Sometimes it's hard to believe we were ever that young, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Books by Ridou Ridou