Friday, January 13, 2012

Can't Believe This!

.







As my regular readers know I'll soon be starting a full time one year ceramics 
course. So I thought. I'm sure it'll still happen, but today I received a summons 
to jury duty - to start a day after my course is supposed to commence. And the 
estimated duration of the trial is 12 weeks:






Of course I'll apply for exemption, but it may prove difficult, since I can't enrol to 
the course until two weeks before the court case, so currently I can't even prove 
that I'll actually start the college. And anyway, it looks like generally being a 
student is not enough to get an exemption; you'll have to have some important 
exams to attend to gain it. However, I hope they'll listen to my reasoning, since 
practically if I have to do it, I simply won't be able to do my course; a three 
months off at the start of a 12 months hands-on course - I don't think so!
















1 comment:

  1. How awful! The last time I had jury duty, I was babysitting my grandson on a regular basis. When I called about an exemption, the county employee said, "That's the parents' problem, not ours. No exemption." I hope you have better luck.

    ReplyDelete

Books by Ridou Ridou