Thursday, October 6, 2011

Ayumi Horie - Ceramic Artist of the Year

.




"Dear Esa,

Last week, Sherman Hall, the editor of Ceramics Monthly magazine, the most widely read 
ceramics magazine in the country, let me know that I had been chosen as the first recipient of 
their "Ceramic Artist of the Year" award. I can think of many hard-working and deserving artists 
they could have also chosen, so I'm really humbled by the honor. When I think about how many 
people have supported my efforts along the way, including all of you for even keeping track of my 
doings, let alone contributing to my projects and buying my work, I'm filled with gratefulness. 
Thank you! I also want to thank three individuals in particular for their help and support, Robin 
Whitlock, Kelly Curtis, and Arry Pirwitz. This is a big deal. Thank you also to the staff of Ceramics 
Monthly for doing great work for the field."

Ayumi Horie, Hudson Valley, New York (website)




Our Ayumi mug:



























































































1 comment:

  1. Beautiful mug! I had to go straight to her website to see more of her work.

    ReplyDelete

Books by Ridou Ridou