Friday, November 26, 2010

Where the A-list Play

.










Elle MacPherson holidaying here...
















Where the A-list play
The far [sic] northern beaches are a summer holiday haven for world-weary celebs


This was the title+subtitle in an article in the Manly Daily monthly insert MyPittwater a few days ago. These 'reports' come 
out every year, just before the summer begins - I guess to get us excited about the celebs we can bump into when doing our 
shopping, but I guess also about correctly highlighting the special environment we enjoy here at Sydney's Pittwater 
Peninsula.

I can't resist listing some of the celebs myself:

Late Christopher Reeve, AC/DC, the Olsen sisters, George Lucas, Sarah Ferguson, Robin WIlliams, Neil Young, Billy 
Connolly, Pamela Stevenson, Elle MacPherson, John Cleese, Nicole Kidman, Beyonce.

So it IS true: you can bump into anybody at Avalon when doing your shopping (as we do there - shopping I mean).

But I guess the more important for the tabloids is to report on (i.e. gossip) is the cost of these celeb's 'holiday rental', which I 
must say is astronomical: to secure the most glamorous holiday shack, you must come up with $45,000 a week (for the 
Kalua at Palm Beach). Elle MacPherson only paid the weekly charge of $35,000 for her hideaway at Karala, Palm Beach.






Locals at Palm Beach... (photo by me).







No comments:

Post a Comment

Books by Ridou Ridou