Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Living in a Gilded Cage

.






For a few years now I've felt like living in a gilded cage: forced out of workforce because of my age, thus becoming isolated from the action, and missing a purpose, obsessively filling my time with unproductive things to keep me sane (like my photography and my venue for it, this blog). However, it is just a couple of months before I can escape from this beautiful gaol, our home, when I'm going back to school, to study ceramics.




















2 comments:

  1. I've found it necessary to stay busy since I retired as well. It's too easy to lapse into activity and become lethargic and depressed if you don't feel useful. Like you, my blog is an outlet. I also work with my son-in-law at his store. My next project is to learn upholstery.

    I'm eager to see your ceramic work. I know it will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seem to be popping up all over your blog in a rash of comments! I had to reply to this post because I also started ceramics a year ago after becoming ill and having to stop work. I don't know whether you've done any ceramics before but I hadn't and it's so hard! Hard but utterly addictive. I hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete

Books by Ridou Ridou