Saturday, August 20, 2011

Wood Fired Porcelain by Eric Soule and others

.



I have a couple of great new pots including a beautiful wood fired porcelain cup 
made by Eric Soulé from France.  When photographing it I decided to include in 
this post some other wood fired porcelain pots in my collection...

Eric Soulé
http://ericsoule.blogspot.com

























Eric: "This cup is made of porcelain on my hand-wheel. All my work is loaded raw in the kiln and 
unglazed (except few personal 'shino'). 
For my Spring 2010 firing, the kiln keep burning 4 days continuously, stoking 15 cubic meters of 
wood.





The colors and textures are given by the firing process. The loading is crucial. 
This cup was in a saggar protected from ashes, roped with straw.
Natural red fire cord markings appears on the clay let by the burning straw. 
Notice the ash spot on a side."










 Mitch Iburg (U.S.)












 Tom Jaszczak (U.S.)











And here are a couple of pots that are also porcelain, but not wood fired:




 Sequoia Miller (U.S.)








Carole Epp (Canada)







Tsé & Tsé Design (France) (I think this is slip cast)















No comments:

Post a Comment

Books by Ridou Ridou