Friday, August 19, 2011

Hieronymus Bosch

.






Now this is spooky!

I think the good old Hieronymus is playing tricks on me.

I was reading a book on him, when I some of the images in 
the book started to remind me of my own photos of late!


1.  We've been getting more and more kookaburras (which belong to the kingfisher 
family) visiting us. A few hours ago I took this photograph of one on our balcony, 
of a chick hoping for food in the miserable weather we're having here today:













2.  I took this photo yesterday on my walk.  It's a bit naff relief of a swimmer 
chasing a mermaid:







3. In the book there was this image of young maidens with spoonbills on their 
heads (my spoonbills are from Warriewood wetlands):




4. Last but not least, I was photographing an image from the Bosch book, resting 
the book on the balustrade. The bird feed effect was not planned:











1 comment:

  1. You're right...that's spooky. And Bosch is disturbing enough without all those weird coincidences.

    ReplyDelete

Books by Ridou Ridou