Thursday, June 3, 2010

Louise Bourgeois

.







Louise Bourgeois
25 December 1911 - 31 May 2010



The milk comes down the breast and falls on the floor, helping nobody (unless 
there is a cat).

The milk is there, but she is a bad mother because it is spoiled instead of being 
given to the girl.










I just found out that my art hero, Louise Bourgeois, has died. She was 98. 
She's always been the epitome of an artist for me. Not only have I devoured 
her work in its many forms (especially her drawings), but the way she lived her 
life was also an inspiration for me.
















Louise Bourgeois, The Bad Mother

1998 , Lithograph, numbered and signed (LB) below image, AP/20, 29 x 22 cm (image)

Esa Jaske Collection

LB: "The milk comes down the breast and falls on the floor, helping nobody (unless there is a cat).
The milk is there, but she is a bad mother because it is spoiled instead of being given to the girl."
.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Books by Ridou Ridou