Saturday, April 7, 2012

Early Morning Birds in the Garden

.





Can it get any better: having watched a MET production of a Strauss opera 
(starring Karita Mattila) on dvd last night, and now having an early Saturday 
morning coffee at my Mac, with Bennie and George snoring in an armchair, and 
hearing a splashing sound coming from our pool outside: a couple of young 
kookaburras were doing their morning ablutions by diving into the pool and drying 
themselves on the pool fence.

Yes it can - going out to the garden with my camera I came across another 
photogenic pair of birds: two lorikeet parrots having their breakfast.


















































1 comment:

  1. I love the bright red cardinals in my back yard, but I believe your lorikeets (Is that what they are?) have more spectacular plumage.

    ReplyDelete

Books by Ridou Ridou