Friday, April 16, 2010

Letting go...


.









Driving down Grandview Drive for some errands today I noticed a 'sale' sign at a 
house that's recently sold. This particular 'sale' refers to the owner's pot plants 
and other garage sale type items. I've often witnessed this elderly lady tending 
her many outdoor potted plants on her yard. Upon returning from the post office 
I stopped by at her place, and could feel a sense of sadness in the air. She 
seemed so fragile, and I dare to suggest she sold the house to go to a nursing 
home. Most of the plants for sale had a price tag of $1, which means she's not 
letting these items go for money. I asked about one particular smaller plant and 
she quickly mentioned that it's not for sale, since it belonged to her husband.

I got home with the following: A hanging basket of a cactus or a succulent, a 
(possibly) reproduction of an antique phone that she's been using for about 30 
years, and a nice little succulent in a nice bamboo themed pot.

As a matter of fact, I'm going back there right now...




















































































































Olive Cotton
Gerberas
Signed, Silver Gelatin Photograph, 25 x 18 cm


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Books by Ridou Ridou